Sorza Bronzebringer 10
Publication of scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals
Obtaining a PhD degree is the main goal that students want to achieve when applying for graduate school. To achieve the set task, it is necessary to fulfill several conditions at once. For this, the graduate student is obliged to regularly attend lectures and seminars, conduct training sessions with undergraduate students, and also write a dissertation. But among other things, there is one nuance that most people forget about - the publication of several articles in scientific peer-reviewed journals. If this point is not met, then as a result the certification commission will not accept the thesis, and as a result will not provide the degree of candidate of sciences.
To avoid such problems, it is necessary to take care of the publication of scientific articles in advance. For more information on how this process takes place and how to get approval from the editorial board of the print publication, essayassistant.org experts are described below.
The number of articles a student must publish depends on the degree he is receiving. For example, those who graduate from graduate school need only 3 jobs in the corresponding journals, and future doctors of sciences - 10. Moreover, the jobs are very different. On a variety of topics. From history to statistics. By the way, if you are faced with the problem of writing a scientific paper on statistics, our professionals will always be happy to help you https://essayassistant.org/statistics-homework-help/.
In which journals graduate students can publish their scientific articles
Peer-reviewed journals are included in the corresponding list for several reasons. They carry a lot of weight among scientists, as they:
- Included in Amerikanskog of the Science Citation Index. This body is engaged in the registration and analysis of dissertations, monographs and other works of a similar type.
- Presented in one of the largest digital libraries in the United States. This service has advanced search capabilities, the site contains about 26 million scientific papers published by both scientists and practitioners in a particular field.
- They have a publication that is presented in English. Such journals should be presented in the Scopus, Web of Science, Springer Science and others. These services must be used when checking the citation of scientific works, including monographs, abstracts in various fields of science, both humanitarian and technical.
- They are included in the list of periodicals, which are divided into different groups depending on a specific area of knowledge.
What are the requirements for articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals?
After a graduate student has submitted an article to a selected scientific journal, the work is thoroughly reviewed by the editors of the print publication. If, based on the results of the reviews, the material does not meet the requirements, then the student will receive a refusal to publish. To avoid such problems, it is necessary to check before submitting the article that it meets the standards:
- A sheet should be attached to the text of the work, in which the graduate student indicated his initials, specialty, degree, place of work and contact information;
- The presence of annotations and 8-10 keywords in both Russian and English;
- The minimum volume of an article for a scientific journal is 9 thousand characters, the maximum is 20 thousand;
- Scientific work must have a high uniqueness, be absent in any electronic editions;
- The list of references used during the writing of a scientific article should contain only those sources that were published no more than 5 years ago;
- If a graduate student has chosen one of the scientific publications included in the Scopus list as a journal for the publication of an article, then his material should already be presented in periodicals from the list. In addition, to receive approval from the editor, he needs to have a good command of English. It is also important to understand that the list of sources used should contain exclusively English-language scientific articles and literature.
Writing a scientific publication is also often accompanied by writing a biography, which is used to represent the researcher. Therefore, if you do not know how to write a presentable biography click here.
In any case, we tried to explain all the subtleties of writing a scientific article. We hope that your postgraduate studies will be enjoyable and that you will not be the last link in the scientific community.