william turner 10 Three types of annotated bibliographies & how to nail each type
Conducting some form of research is something that most people end up doing at some point in their lives. And while doing the actual physical work is a breeze, writing assignments for it, is not. Primarily, because it requires a lot of focus and scrutiny to get right.
However, the hardest part about it is to validate the sources you have used throughout your research. To that end, there are several approaches to take, but writing an Annotated Bibliography is often the best way to go. But even they can be a real handful since there are three different types of bibliographies. You can also find help from writing service to compose your essay.
Nevertheless, you don’t have to worry about anything because discussed below are all three of these types. And if that wasn’t enough, tips on how to nail each type are also given. You can also find help from writing company .So, stop panicking and start reading.
What is the purpose behind it?
There is a reason that such bibliographies are so commonly used in academic circles. As such, below is a list of purposes for writing them.
- To review the literature relating to a particular subject.
- To give a better idea of the quality and depth of the research/reading that you have done.
- To provide details relating to the different sources utilized, which can include but are not limited to books, websites, journals, and articles.
- To bring to light any sources that might prove useful for other researchers.
- To examine, verify and categorize sources in order to facilitate or propagate further research.
The Different Types
Discussed below are the three different types of bibliographies that you are likely to come across. So, be sure to read about them carefully because it is unlikely that you will find a free essay writer and ask “write my essays for me” will help you out with them. So, let's waste no more time and get straight to it.
This is also sometimes referred to as the indicative type of bibliography. It requires that you give a brief overview or summary of a particular source. As such you need to make sure that you do the following things:
- Provide a concise yet encompassing description of what’s in the source.
- Give the main argument presented in the source.
- Summarize the main points of the source which can be done by mentioning the topics covered or chapter headings used.
This type is also known as the critical type of bibliography and requires that you analyze a chosen source. It differs from the previous type since it does a lot more than just summarize the source. It further analyzes and judges it in an effort to define the quality of the source.
As such, it is a tad bit more complex than the previous type. So, when you sit down to write my essay for me start off by explaining the source in broader terms. Once that is done dive into the details and make your evaluation.
To that end, some useful things to mention are as follows:
- What the source contributes to a specific field.
- How the work relates or compares to other sources relating to the topic.
- Whether the author is an authority on the subject of discussion.
- The tone of voice used.
- Strengths and weaknesses of the source.
- The accuracy of the provided information.
- The intended audience of the source.
- The usefulness of the source in relation to your research work.
This is the third and final type which is also known as the summative type of bibliography. While this type does mention the data given in the source it does not make any comments about the quality or relevance of the source. As such, it should include the following:
- A thesis.
- The primary argument
- The different proofs in the source.
- A conclusion.
In the end, it’s best to think about why you need to write your bibliography and then choose from the types above. You can also hire online essay writer and ask “write essay for me”